[gopher] New Gopher Proxy

Brian Koontz brian at pongonova.net
Sat Dec 5 22:22:33 UTC 2009

On Sat, Dec 05, 2009 at 02:38:07PM -0800, Cameron Kaiser wrote:
> If those people are really interested in
> gopher, then they need to be spidering gopherspace directly.

Why bother with an HTTP proxy to gopherspace if we want to prevent
HTTP-based spiders from accessing?

What might be useful is to figure out a way to serve up robot.txt to
HTTP-based spiders to prevent crawling of certain gopherspace pages
(as you brought up in your previous e-mail).

  --Brian

--
Don't have gopher?  Visit the world's first wiki-based gopher proxy!
http://www.pongonova.org/gopherwiki