[gopher] RSS -> gopher: who was working on that?

Christoph Lohmann 20h at r-36.net
Wed Apr 6 10:06:28 UTC 2011

Hello,

Cameron Kaiser wrote:
> Who was working on RSS ->  gopher solutions? I have someone who could
> really make use of them. I have a few for /feeds, but they're custom
> oneshot jobs written for specific feed parsing.

a fast hack is here [0]. See the source at [1] for further
details. For making it useful in a raw output, you will only
have to change the print lines. The raw ones would be type 'i'
and the links only need some tab replacements.

The intended use is [2]. Since there is no real security check-
ing, this is inhibited.

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann

[0] gopher://gopher.r-36.net/1/rss.dcgi?test
[1] gopher://gopher.r-36.net/0/rss.py
[2] gopher://gopher.r-36.net/1/rss.dcgi?$feeduri