[gopher] PyGopherd - PYG and executable help

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Mon Jul 4 15:00:15 UTC 2011

> > Bucktooth has such a feature; see
> >
> > 	gopher://gopher.floodgap.com/0/buck/dbrowse?faquse%207
>
> All inetd-compatible gopher daemons do that by design, Gophernicus and
> Bucktooth included. I'm not sure if that's a good idea for a HTTP
> gateway though...

The difference being that you don't need to open a three-way pipe here; the
data is passed on the command line to the daemon instead.

The Floodgap HTTP proxy checks to see if it's talking to "itself" and if so,
simply calls the server directly rather than connecting to localhost:70.

-- Just another Sojourner of the Dispersion (1 Peter 1:1) ---------------------