[gopher] Whole lotta hits

Jacob Dahl Pind rachael at telefisk.org
Thu Sep 15 14:46:00 UTC 2011

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011, Kim Holviala wrote:
<snip>
> I was thinking about Apache-like Allow/Deny directives, but those would have
> required a config file instead of just simple options. And parsing the config
> file really works only with proper daemons, not with inetd-type services
> which keep launching themselves over and over again.....

if they where like .htaccess they would have to be in the
directories, and first be read at the access of them, just like the
gophermap in menu.c.

> At the same time I was also thinking about doing password-protected
> directories. Easy enough to do even with the original protocol, but I'm not
> sure if anyone would find those useful...

Well protected directories could be done through scripting, search
selector and executeable gophermap files, think it would be easier to
implement it that way.

regards

--
Jacob Dahl Pind | telefisk.org | fidonet 2:230/38.8