[gopher] Gopher server running on ARM?

simple at sdf.org simple at sdf.org
Fri Aug 31 16:37:20 UTC 2012

Kim Holviala <kim at holviala.com> wrote:

> On 20.8.2012 21:31, Oliver Cromm wrote:
>
> > I would like to move my (very neglected) Gopher site to my new
> > server machine, which is an ARM-based plug computer.
> >
> > Which server software would be suited to that? Does anyone have
> > experience?
>
> I've been running Gophernicus on my ARM boards with no problems. It's
> very memory-efficient which is good for small boards with little memory.

Out of curiousity I built geomyidae on a RaspberryPi (ARM) running Debian;
seems to run fine:

  # uname -a
  Linux raspberrypi 3.1.9+ #90 Wed Apr 18 18:23:05 BST 2012 armv6l GNU/Linux

  # file geomyidae
  geomyidae: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically
  linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.18, not stripped

Geomyidae also has a pretty small system footprint so it ought to fair
well on most of the ARM-based systems with limited resources.

-Jeff