[gopher] Updated Gopher RFC

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Tue May 8 13:43:39 UTC 2012

> > Interesting. I've been using 'd' for documents, and 'p' for PNG images
> > (Overbite also uses this).
>
> My point exactly. I've got no problem whatsoever to change my defaults, but
> it would be neat get a definiteve list...
>
> > Someone proposed using 'c' for text/css but I don't know if that ever got
> > off the ground.
>
> Wouldn't that go under "h" for html? They're pretty much the same thing.

Not if you were using gopher to also serve your style sheets. I'm not sure
how browsers would react to that.

But, as I said, the use seemed rather arcane even at the time, and I don't
think it's actually being used in that fashion anyway.

-- Put down your guns, it's Weasel Stomping Day! ------------------------------