[gopher] Why do you use gopher?

Alistair alistair at alistairsserver.no-ip.org
Wed May 9 00:15:30 UTC 2012

On 09/05/2012 00:57, Bradley D. Thornton wrote:
> Whoa! Stop the presses!
>
> Alistair, is this a product or kit that will work with the Timex
> Sinclairs? I've got a few of those and I've been looking for an external
> keyboard on eBay. I found one of the good ones but didn't expect to be
> outbidded on it (That was a real bummer).
>
> Anyway, what can you tell me about this board?
>
> Thanks!

I don't know if it works with the Timex Sinclair 2068 (and Spectrum rom
cartridge) It would presumably need at least a "fixer board" for the
edge connector and there's a good chance the firmware will need some
tweaks to handle the different paging and stuff.

As far as I know no-one has tested it, and the guy who designed it
doesn't have a Timex to try it with.

The board is called the spectranet and lives here:
http://spectrum.alioth.net/doc/index.php/Main_Page