[gopher] Opera browser; gopher proxy

Damien Carol damien.carol at gmail.com
Thu May 10 15:04:24 UTC 2012

There an error in your proxy.

The RFC say that selector with Index item must be translate in this way :

=> request on item type '7'  with selector 'foo' and param 'bar =>
gopher://example.com/7/foo%09bar

Because %09 => TAB

See THIS <gopher://gophernicus.org/0/doc/gopher/rfc4266.txt> .

Regards,

2012/5/9 chr <chr+gopher at tx0.org>

> Driedfruit (Wednesday 09 May 2012, 18:02):
> >
> > You can test it with a compatible browser (I think Opera is the last
> > one to support gopher proxies) by using mindloop.net , port 80 . It
> > looks like newer versions of Opera removed the config dialog,
> > but the options are still accessible throu an ini-file:
> >
> > [Proxy]
> > Use GOPHER=1
> > Gopher server=mindloop.net:80
>
> Great! Thanks.
>
> > Here's my horrible, non-RFC complaint (URL mapping is wrong) code for
> > reference.
> > gopher://mindloop.net/0/~sobak/proxy/gopher.php<http://mindloop.net/0/%7Esobak/proxy/gopher.php>
>
> It says "Error: File or directory not found!"
>
> --

Damien CAROL
gopher://dams.zapto.org/1/