[gopher] HTTP post over gopher (Was: Updated Gopher RFC)

Kim Holviala kim at holviala.com
Fri May 11 09:39:57 UTC 2012

On 10.5.2012 3:38, Driedfruit wrote:

>> You'll need a little fiddling on the server side or it won't work.
>>
>> Hint: HTTP/0.9 and gopher are almost the same :-)
>>
> Ok, that worked. http://hostname:70 is a pretty ugly hack, tho. And I'm
> not aware of any servers that can do it _already_.

Most of the servers can do, already, but it requires a little
refactoring to work nicely without any hacking. I quickly looked at my
code this morning and realized that I don't even have to add code, just
remove some old stuff and it'll start working.

Now I'll be the first to admit that there's not point in POSTing to
gopher CGI - I'm perfectly happy with type 7 queries being the only
input method.

- Kim