[gopher] Motsognir question

Martin Kukac logout128 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 14:14:26 UTC 2015

On 12/28/2015 03:01 PM, Kim Holviala wrote:
> I'm in a process of moving all of my Linux stuff from Debian Wheezy (support ends Feb 6th 2016) to CentOS 6 because support for the latter lasts until 30.11.2020, and while I hate RPM CentOS is still actually pretty useable (but with ancient 2.6 kernel).

My x86_64 laptop and desktop is on Slackware for about a year now, I
went back to where I left ten years ago before I started to use Debian
and OS X.

> I'm going back to AIX and will steal^W borrow^W buy some nice rackmount POWER6 or 7 to host everything I have in LPARs or WPARs. BSD's are also interesting but they lack any kind of disk management (except FreeBSD with ZFS) so I don't consider them production-ready.

Such a big iron is too much overkill for me. VPS has 1G of RAM, 15G of
storage and single CPU thread, I think I could move most of my online
stuff to Raspberry Pi Zero lying in a garden shed connected to a solar
panel :-)

Martin