[gopher] ML moderator election

Nuno Silva nunojsilva at ist.utl.pt
Wed Aug 9 05:07:42 UTC 2017

On 2017-08-09 07:20 +0300, Kim Holviala wrote:
> I don't mind usenet at all - after all that would be a nice complement to gopher. But unfortunately I don't think there's any way to access usenet without paying for an account - and don't tell me to use Google.
>
> So, does anyone know a working free nntp server?

The only ones I know of are the same mentioned in SiMpLe MaChInEs'
e-mail: aioe and Motzarella/Eternal September.

While we are not a large community, I find the current arrangement
pleasant: there is a USENET newsgroup *and* a mailing list. While these
are separate, it gives people some choice, along with the Gmane gateway.

Now if there is some issue with the mailing list that is preventing
people from participating, that is indeed a problem. If Matt can post to
the list through Gmane but not directly, it does look like there is
something going on. After all, unless there's some arrangement in place,
posting through Gmane still requires authorization to post to the list,
if it is not an open mailing list.

--
Nuno Silva