[gopher] parent directory

Glenn Holmer cenbe at kolabnow.com
Fri Aug 18 14:59:24 UTC 2017

I'm working on a Commodore 64 gopher client and a custom server that can
send files to it from within disk images. I'm only supporting gophermap
for now, but I'm wondering how "parent directory" links on gopher pages
are implemented. Is there usually a gophermap in each directory on the
server with a gopher item pointing to the parent directory? or do
clients typically retain a stack of visited directories and items?

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)