[gopher] salsa.net hung connections

Ray Lopez rl at well.com
Tue Aug 15 15:37:25 UTC 2017

Thanks, Cameron.   I've been unable to participate in any discussions on
the mail list and it would be good to be able to do so.

I agree with you that our proxies should NOT be indexable by web
spiders.  It's just too much work, and goes against the basic philosophy
of gopher vs. web.

I've implemented changes on my server to hopefully alleviate some of the
traffic and will be working with James Mills to make the necessary
changes to his gopherproxy software.

RL