[gopher] parent directory

Wolfgang Faust wolfgangmcq at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 02:39:00 UTC 2017

You may also be interested in the various Path parameters in caps.txt
files. Gopher itself imposes no structure onto the selector, but most
servers use some standard path structure and this may be exposed in the
caps file if one has been set up.

On Sat, Aug 19, 2017 at 9:30 PM, James Mills <prologic at shortcircuit.net.au>
wrote:

> IIRC there is no standard around a "parent" item in gopehrmap(s).
>
> It's up to the content authors.
>
> cheers
> James
>

> James Mills / prologic
>
> E: prologic at shortcircuit.net.au
> W: prologic.shortcircuit.net.au
>
> On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 7:59 AM, Glenn Holmer <cenbe at kolabnow.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm working on a Commodore 64 gopher client and a custom server that can
>> send files to it from within disk images. I'm only supporting gophermap
>> for now, but I'm wondering how "parent directory" links on gopher pages
>> are implemented. Is there usually a gophermap in each directory on the
>> server with a gopher item pointing to the parent directory? or do
>> clients typically retain a stack of visited directories and items?
>>
>> --
>> Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)
>> "After the vintage season came the aftermath -- and Cenbe."

The views expressed above are exclusively mine, if anyone's.