[gopher] gophermap question

Jeff Greer jgreer613 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 21:30:40 UTC 2017

Please consider this question from a learner.

I have gophernicus 2.5 set up on a Centos 7 based server.

I am reading the gopher site with Firefox 45.9.0 with oberbite. My
gophermap works fine except for the following link:

1sdf-greersfos  /       sdf.lonestar.org/1/users/fos1   70

I set up a site at sdf.org as part of my learning experience.

When I select the above link with firefox, it appends a /1/ to the above
link producing a file not found error.

If I enter the above link gopher://sdf.lonestar.org/1/users/fos1 in firefox
it goes to the link properly.

Why is firefox and/or gophernicus adding the "/1/" to the end of the link?

Thank you,
v/r
Jeff