Fwd: Re: New InitNG

martin f krafft madduck at debian.org
Sat Aug 13 13:10:02 UTC 2005

----- Forwarded message from Jeff Waugh <jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com> -----

<quote who="martin f krafft">

> also sprach charlieg <dlist at ubuntuforums.org> [2005.08.12.1209 +0200]:
> > I guess if enough people push for InitNG (i.e. test it, get it working
> > well on Breezy) it could be Breezy+1, so I'll give it a try after I've
> > upgraded.
>
> An ITP for initng exists in Debian:
>
>   http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2005/06/msg02192.html

Sun's SMF is looking like a much better solution than any of the init
revisited projects I've seen so far.

- Jeff

----- End forwarded message -----

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net at madduck

invalid/expired pgp (sub)keys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net

you can't assign IP address 127.0.0.1 to the loopback adapter,
because it is a reserved address for loopback devices.
                                  -- micro$oft windoze xp professional