bogoserver

martin f krafft madduck at debian.org
Mon Aug 22 22:05:06 UTC 2005

also sprach Fabio Fabbri <fabio at llgp.org> [2005.08.22.2021 +0200]:
> /ect/init.d/rc can launch startup scripts with "startup $i start &", so
> scripts are executed concurrently; but startup() must be modified and
> should ask to bogoserver if the script dependencies are satisfied. After
> the script is executed, startup() must notify this to bogoserver.

What's the advantage of this scheme over using semaphores in
/var/run ?

> Then startup() can send a message to bogoserver for each dependency.
> Unfortunately, Debian's bash doesn't supports TCP, so we must use netcat

... or perl, or python, or C.

netcat is not in base, and python-minimal would have a better chance
of being called into base, IMHO.

--
 .''`.     martin f. krafft <madduck at debian.org>
`. `'`

Invalid/expired PGP (sub)keys? Use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!

"the human brain is like an enormous fish --
 it is flat and slimy
 and has gills through which it can see."
                                                       -- monty python