bogoserver

Fabio Fabbri fabio at llgp.org
Thu Aug 25 10:05:08 UTC 2005

Thomas Hood wrote:
> Otavio Salvador wrote:
>
>> I think we can't be sure to have /var mounted at this time. Or I'm wrong?
>

> In Debian one shouldn't assume that /var/ is available prior to
> S:S45mountnfs.sh.

I think this is not a problem, because if we are going to change the way
Debian is started, we can change the order of scripts, too. So if an
user would try something like bogoserver, we can change /etc/init.d/rcS
and let it load everything needed by bogoserver at first, then load
bogoserver, then go on with parallelized boot.

However bogoserver doesn't need disk space. It needs just a way to
exchange messages with other processes, like loopback network interface
or "unix" sockets (or other ways if you let me know how use them). In
the first version disk space is used to write on a file the port used
and the pid of the child process (but it write it also on standard
output). However, if we reserve a port to bogoserver, we don't need it.