Designing a new init: configuration

Erich Schubert erich.schubert at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 01:36:28 UTC 2005

Hi,
> I should mention that I wrote rcparser a while ago as a initng plugin,
> proof of concept, that boots using /etc/init.d sysv scripts, it was
> rough, but not as much as I thought it'd be.

The question is, do we need a system that can use such plugins - I'd
prefer a system so small it runs on the embedded systems I'm also
developing on.
minit works like a charm there - without fork(). Because it's a noMMU
platform...
When we design a new system, I'd love to have a core with as low
requirements as that.
Nothing wrong with doing more on a higher level though - if we can do
a "ln -s /usr/sbin/initrc-parser run" so to speak - fine.

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\