Simple parallellized boot sequence (and a plea for LSB complience)

Sven Mueller debian at incase.de
Mon Aug 29 16:12:57 UTC 2005

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote on 25/08/2005 17:49:
> [Sven Mueller]
>
>>Do you have an overview of the dependency information you currently
>>use?  I don't have a test system at hand currently, but I might be
>>able to cross-check you data anyhow.
>
> Only in the package and package source.  See in
> /usr/share/insserv/overrides/ when you install the package, or in
> debian/overrides/ in the source package.

OK, looked at it a bit.

I think exim/exim4 should also provide MTA/SMTPD or something like that
(for local MTA - or SMTP-server - which might be needed by packages).

For postfix, on my server, the init info would look like this:

### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:	postfix MTA SMTPD
# Required-Start: $network $syslog
# Required-Stop: $network $syslog
# Should-Start: spampd amavis postgrey
# Should-Stop: spampd amavis postgrey
# Default-Start: 2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop: S 0 1 6
### END INIT INFO

For amavis, it would look like this:

### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:	amavis
# Required-Start: $network $syslog
# Required-Stop: $network $syslog
# Default-Start: 2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop: S 0 1 6
### END INIT INFO

For spampd (which will have the correct info in it's next upload, just
as cyrus22 will), it looks like this:

### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:             spampd
# Required-Start:       $syslog $network $time
# Required-Stop:        $syslog $network $time
# Default-Start:         2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop:          1 6
### END INIT INFO

For amavis, it looks like this on my server:

### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:             amavis
# Required-Start:       $syslog $network $time
# Required-Stop:        $syslog $network $time
# Default-Start:         2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop:          1 6
### END INIT INFO

And finally, cyrus22:
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:             cyrus22
# Required-Start:       $syslog $network $time
# Required-Stop:        $syslog $network $time
# Default-Start:         2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop:          1 6
### END INIT INFO

Didn't find anything else I could add right now.

cu,
sven