[Initscripts-ng-devel] Defining the workgroup objectives

Filippo Giunchedi filippo at esaurito.net
Mon Jul 25 17:30:53 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 01:10:31PM -0400, Sam Rowe wrote:
> I'm thinking about a case where I don't want to bring up my web
> servers until my database (that lives on a different machine) is up.

I think this is not really init's task but rather of the application to
fail/retry if it cannot contact the database but I agree this is a real-life
situation and can be useful.

filippo
--
Filippo Giunchedi
PGP key: 0x6B79D401

I was once walking through the forest alone. A tree fell right
in front of me -- and I didn't hear it.
-- Steven Wright