a good place for low level linux programming questions anybody?

Olivier Sessink lists at olivier.pk.wau.nl
Mon Nov 14 21:50:22 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I'm improving the parallel boot C program to buffer output of scripts,
and after exit write all output synchronuously. I use select() to test
if any of the pipes has data. However, select() does not return data,
but the children have all exited, so I expect a last wakeup from select
so I can read the remaining data from the pipe. That never happens..

I know this isn't a programming list, so if you know a good place (some
IRC channel?) to ask this, please let me know.

Olivier