SoC boot project weekly summary week #6/14

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Fri Jul 14 07:18:45 UTC 2006

[Carlos Villegas]
> + The Deliverable 2 was published(1). There is presented a comparison
> between the boot process of the debian releases from woody to sid. We
> mainly compare the boot times. Besides, the first hotspots are
> investigated with their corresponding effect on the boot
> time. Comments will be greatly appreciated.

I just got a bug report about the startpar option.  Check out #378092,
reporting that all init.d scripts are run twice when startpar is
enabled.  Take a look to verify that it did not affect your test
results.  The bug will be fixed in the next upload of sysvinit, and
can be fixed with a one-line edit in /etc/init.d/rc.

Friendly,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen