SVN repository and welcome to our Google Summer of Code student

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Mon Jun 5 17:48:17 UTC 2006

I just got a SVN repository created for the initscripts-ng project.
It is available from

  svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/initscripts-ng

I've created some subdirectories already

  branches/
     Location for branches.
  tags/
     Location for tags.  Use the path within trunk as the first part
     of the path to a given tag, so for trunk/src/insserv/ version
     1.0, I would create a tag with the path tags/src/insserv/1.0/.
  trunk/
     The main branch and location for web pages and sources
  trunk/src/
     Location for the source of projects and programs
  trunk/www/
     Location for the web pages showing up on
     <URL:http://initscripts-ng.alioth.debian.org/>
  trunk/www/soc2006-bootsystem/
     Web pages for this years Summer of Code project.

I plan to put the debian/ directory of the insserv package into
trunk/src/ soonish. :)

All of this is done in preparation to our guest of honor, Carlos
Villegas, who will spend the summer working on improving the Debian
boot system.  I warmly welcome him and hope you all will do your best
to assist him with his project.  Not much is published yet, but I
expect more documents will show up on the web any day soon.  His blog
is available from <URL:http://bootdebian.blogspot.com/> and also on
planed.debian.org.

Friendly,
--