Slashdot/IBM: How To Speed Up Linux Booting

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Mon Apr 9 22:38:51 UTC 2007

[Michelle Konzack]
> Debian GNU/Linux is definitivly faster.

Good to hear. :)

But I must admit, I am not satisfied when Debian to boot faster than
the slower systems around.  I want it to boot faster than the fastest
systems around.  To get there, I believe we need to get below 30
seconds, and preferably down to less than 10.  Not sure if it is
possible with the current design, but still it is my goal. :)

Turning on a computer should be like turning on your television, with
almost immediate response. :)

Friendly,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen