Slashdot/IBM: How To Speed Up Linux Booting

Marco d'Itri md at Linux.IT
Wed Apr 11 12:02:30 UTC 2007

On Apr 11, Erich Schubert <erich.schubert at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Not automatically, that is. However it might be possible to convert them
>  with
>  human effort, such as on a hackfest.
Writing new init scripts once is easy, maintaining them forever is the
key issue here.

>  You want to be able to switch init systems on a running system; diversions
>  take
>  immediate effect, not on the next reboot. Diverting invoke-rc.d might
Do you? This does not look like an important requrement to me.
It's probably not possibile anyway with complex ("interesting"... there
is no big need for half a dozen sysvinit clones) init systems like
upstart.

--
ciao,
Marco