BoF Protocol

Erich Schubert erich.schubert at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 12:52:07 UTC 2007

Hi Joachim,
Sure, as for implementing just go right right ahead.
Though sometimes the way I suggested might be even easier to implement
(using Pre-Start-Hook instead of trying to guess the daemon name from
the exec statement) or not make a difference (adding 'exec' and
'respawn' keywords, treating start/stop/restart/reload/hooks the same
way instead of some of them specially).

I'd definitely leave the /etc/default/foobar handling for some future version.
I was just trying to point out that we'll need to work on that at some
point, since it's so common.

Thanks for all your work, especially at DebConf.

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\