BoF Protocol

Erich Schubert erich.schubert at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 19:23:57 UTC 2007

Hi,
> There's really not much option for daemons that can't be started by
> default.  Not installing the init script is generally unhepful for
> people who have actually provided the appropriate configuration while
> starting before that is obviously problematic.

You could install it as K in all runlevels, and leave it to the user
to switch it to start.
The main issue I have with that approach is that it's so hidden, users
will always be wondering about how to properly enable the service. I
mean, they don't get it right yet, and this isn't going to make it
more obvious.

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\