metainit ready for extended testing

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Fri Jun 22 14:27:35 UTC 2007

[Sven Mueller]
> If we want to be able to generate LSB compliant sysv init scripts, the
> fields known to metainit should probably include "Provides" as well.
> After all, some daemons don't only provide their own name there, but
> also $named, $portmap or $syslog.

Actually, this is a mistake.  The provides line in individual scripts
should never use the the virtual facility names.  The virtual
facilities are handled outside the init.d scripts.  For insserv, it is
specified in /etc/insserv.conf.

> Or some other daemon's name (such as openbsd-inetd providing inetd).

Yes, this is fine.  Though the current check-initd-order script do not
handle scripts providing more than one facility..

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen