comments on insserv

Michael Biebl biebl at debian.org
Sun Apr 13 00:23:29 UTC 2008

Michael Biebl wrote:

>>> Sound like a dependency bug.  Not sure how it is best solve.  Two
>>> options are to let console-setup depend on console-screen.sh, or to
>>> let console-screen.sh reverse depend on console-setup.  I do not know
>>> the packages, so I am not sure which of these are "best". :)
>> You mean a
>>    Should-Start: console-screen.sh
>> in console-setup or alternatively a
>> in console-screen.sh?
>>
>> Does insserv support X-Start-Before?
>
> Found more issues:
> /etc/init.d/keyboard-setup
> # Provides:          keyboard-setup
> # Required-Start:    mountkernfs udev
> # Required-Stop:
>                       ^^^^^^^^^
> It is not started before checkroot though! Does that mean X-Start-Before
> is not supported?

Please forget what I said. keyboard-setup *is* run before checkroot.sh.
I probably confused it with console-setup...

I made a few modifications (attached as console.patch), as I think this
makes the boot sequence more correct. Feel free to use it.

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?