Proposed release goal for Squeeze: Switch to dependency based boot sequencing

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Fri Apr 17 17:20:45 UTC 2009

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009, Michael Biebl wrote:
> I think, one missing piece is a proper interface for updating init
> script priorities (if the depencies or the list of runlevel changes) in
> a policy compliant way.

There is no such interface in this case (if we had one, insserv would have
to make it a no-op).  You have to edit the initscript metadata directly
(because it is embedded in comment headers on the initscript itself) to do
such changes, then tell the system to rebuild the initscript dependency
tree.

  Henrique Holschuh