Plans for new bootchart in Debian?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Sun Aug 30 13:52:14 UTC 2009

[Jörg Sommer]
> Yes, I've got your mail and I'll send you an aswer to your questions
> tomorrow. Excuse me, for the delay.

Great to see that you are still around and that the email address work. :)

For the current boot and login speed work, it would be nice if
bootchart collected information from the initrd execution, and also a
bit after the boot when autologon is enabled (to measure until the
desktop is ready to be used).

The former is already available in Ubuntu.  Not sure if the latter is
robustly working in Ubuntu, but suspect just adding a 10-20 second
delay to the bootchart collection termination might be enough.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen