Port insserv to kfreebsd?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Sun Jun 28 08:39:49 UTC 2009

Hi.  I notice that the latest insserv package fail to build on
kfreebsd, because several posix_fadvise() arguments are unknown.  The
code in question is protected with #ifdefs like this:

  #if defined _XOPEN_SOURCE && (_XOPEN_SOURCE - 0) >= 600
    else if ((dfd = dirfd(rcdir)) != 0) {
        (void)posix_fadvise(dfd, 0, 0, POSIX_FADV_WILLNEED);
        (void)posix_fadvise(dfd, 0, 0, POSIX_FADV_SEQUENTIAL);
    }
  #endif

Why is this test not sufficient on kfreebsd?  Can any of you provide
patches to get insserv working on kfreebsd?  I hope to make dependency
based boot sequencing a core part of the boot system in Debian and
then insserv should work on all archs.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen