rsyslog has dependency loop causing update-rc.d to abort installation

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Sun Nov 15 18:45:16 UTC 2009

[Sebastian Andrzej Siewior]
> Thanks for that. I will do that in the future if I come across such
> a thing again. That said, I can't reproduce it anymore. After
> editing the fields of xfs & rsyslog manually I could not remember
> what I had in there in first place. So I disabled the scripts,
> purged xfs, rsyslog and installed it again together with initscripts
> (with --reinstall). After that everything works fine
> unfortunately. I've compared the control fields of the initscripts
> with those in my bug report and they are the same.

This make me believe the issue was with partial upgrades, and some
packages with conflicting dependencies that should have
breaks/conflicts to enforce a given upgrade order.  No idea which
packages that would be, and it is hard to figure out when our test
case has gone away. :)

happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen