Lintian based autorejects

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Tue Oct 27 14:57:50 UTC 2009

[Joerg Jaspert]
> we are turning on lintian based autorejects within the next few days.
> This means that packages failing a defined set of lintian tags will no
> longer be accepted into the archive, but get rejected immediately.
> This should help to get rid of the worst policy violations before
> wasting time and resources of other people.

Very good.  I see I have to upload a discover package without a static
binary. :)

> If you think we should add tags or categorize them differently, feel
> free to mail us at ftpmaster at debian.org.

I believe non-overrided lintian error
init.d-script-missing-lsb-section should lead to rejected pacakges.
Two packages affected at the moment (connman and powerstatd), and two
packages overriding it (sysv-rc and file-rc).  The latter two provide
scripts in init.d/ which are not really init.d scripts. :)

More init.d script checks will be implemented in future lintian
versions, and I will let you know which one of these I believe should
lead to rejected packages when that happen.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen