Mapping an upstart job to a init.d script (sssd)

Erich Schubert erich.schubert at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 07:17:10 UTC 2010

Hi,
>> meantime for runit etc.; I believe that upstart at most does pid file
>> monitoring, and not makes use of PID 1 special properties (i.e.
>
> You are wrong about this.

You're right, upstart has quite evolved in this area. After a short
browse through the changelog, it seems as if even clearly is the most
advanced I've seen so far when it comes to tracing daemon processes;
probably even nailing down some difficult situations other init
systems havn't even encountered yet.

Don't get me wrong: I consider upstart to be by far the most promising
init system we have. It's just that I also do like diversity, so I'd
like to see support for other init systems as well.

best regards,
Erich Schubert