C version of bootchart collector?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Fri Feb 26 09:34:02 UTC 2010

Hi, Jörg.  I never saw a reply to this email from you, and wonder if
you have any comments on the future of bootchart in Debian?

[Petter Reinholdtsen 2009-10-07]
> Hi.  You get this email as the upstream author of bootchart.  Are you
> aware of the C version of the collector available in the Ubuntu
> package from
> Would it be an idea to release a new upstream version with this faster
> version of the collector?
>
> Is there a new version of the bootchart package planned any time soon?
> I notice it is a long time since the last one, and several patches for
> it is floating around, for example in the Debian package

Since then, Michael Meeks have developed a new version of bootchart,
which I discovered via the FOSDEM videos available from

I plan to take over the bootchart package in Debian unless it is
updated to support profiling the initrd and provide higher resolution,
because we need this for the boot speed release goal.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen