sysvinit-2.87 patches on gentoo linux

William Hubbs williamh at gentoo.org
Fri Jan 8 19:26:48 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I am one of the maintainers of the base system packages (sysvinit, init
scripts, etc) on gentoo linux.

We are currently patching sysvinit-2.87 with several patches.  I do not
know if these all have been sent upstream or not, but I wanted to share
them so that if you are interested they may be encorporated in the
actual distribution.

Patch 8 (the selinux patch) is the only patch that does not have an
author in the description.  This patch was contributed by Chris PeBenito
(pebenito at gentoo.org).

Please let us know if these can be encorporated.

Thanks,

William