[Kernel-handbook-general] disabling kernel modules

paul van den berg paulberg at wanadoo.nl
Sun Nov 25 14:33:31 UTC 2007

Dear list,

I could not disable module ipv6 by adding `blacklist ipv6` to
/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist .
Google-search 'disable ipv6 debian` gave 435000 results with many
proposed solutions.
Adding `install ipv6 /bin/true` works for me, but I would like to
find an authorative answer in the Debian Linux Kernel Handbook.

Sometimes it seems to be needed to run update-initramfs -u after you
change something in /etc/modprobe.d or /etc/udev, but I did not find
clear answers in the handbook.

Regards, Paul