[libhid-discuss] Cannot claim interface 0

Mark S. Townsley mstownsley at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 23:58:18 UTC 2006

I have a line in my code:  hid_set_usb_debug(0).
However, I have noticed something.

If I have

   mount -t usbfs none /dev/bus/usb

then my hid_interrupt_write()/read() get the error:   "could not claim
interface 0: device or resource busy".

If I don't have /dev/bus/usb mounted,
I get a different error:   "could not detach kernel driver from interface 0:
No data available.

Is there some "setup" I need to do so interface 0 is available for me to do
interrupt_write()/read()?

Mark