[libhid-discuss] cross-platform capabilities?

Peter Stuge stuge-libhid at cdy.org
Fri Apr 13 04:06:20 UTC 2007

On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 09:10:45AM +0800, Xiaofan Chen wrote:
> On 4/11/07, Stephan Meyer wrote:
> >This sounds like a great idea! I'll add a native HID backend to
> >the next version of the DLL. It should be possible to implement
> >most of libusb's features on top of Windows' hid.dll such as open,
> >close, interrupt-read/write and basic control messages. The rest
> >can be emulated/simulated.

I don't know if you guys are following the verbose discussion on the
libusb list.. I've touched on this over there too.

Which way do you prefer? Having libusb use the native HID API, or
have a libhidio? libusb could at best use get/set report for
simulating interrupt transfers, but on the other hand libhidio would
not provide more data IO than get/set report either..

I can't decide what I would like best, both ways have some appeal.

//Peter