[libhid-discuss] help needed to read data

Thomas Pellegrini thomas.pellegrini at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 02:38:27 UTC 2007

Hello,
I use libhid-0.2.16 on Mac OS 10.3
I'm trying to read data from a physical captor connected to a PIC.

When I call the hid_interrupt_read() function, I get this error message:
usb_os_open(USBDeviceOpenSeize): another process has device opened for
exclusive access

I saw this in the archives from libhid-discuss (April 2007):

"Specifically, in OS X, there is no way to claim exclusive control over the
device if the kernel HID module has already claimed it. (You can write a
custom stub driver with higher precedence than the kernel driver.)"

I never wrote a driver, I'm a newbie in USB communication, so I was
wondering if there were another way to fix that.

Thanks a lot in advance for your advices,

--
Thomas.