[libhid-discuss] Announce hidmon and some questions and remarks about libhid

Frederik Reiß frederik.reiss at gmx.de
Tue Jan 23 01:11:15 CET 2007

Hi,

i am developing a small programm[0] to control my TFT display via the
Monitor Control Class[1]. I use libhid for that job, and it works great
(but not perfect). It sould be able to control other HID compatible
displays. Now i have some questions and remarks:

Is there any way to get the needed buffer size for hid_get_input_report
and friends ?

It would be nice if the functions which take a path as argument use
somthing like the HIDPath struct (in hidtypes.h) instead of letting the
user play with ints !

hid_get_item_value does not return a proper value for me (but all/some
of the other fields in HIDInterface get filled correctly).

if hid_get_item_value is called it seems that it passes the ?parser? the
size of the data in bits, but the parser wants the size in bytes, which
results in an warning.

regards Frederik Reiß

[0] http://homeworld-net.org/?page=hidmon
[1] http://www.usb.org/developers/devclass_docs/usbmon10.pdf