[libhid-discuss] hid_interrupt_read error codes

Charles Lepple clepple at ghz.cc
Mon Jun 25 12:28:44 UTC 2007

On Jun 24, 2007, at 1:45 PM, Lars Krueger wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I have some problems with the return codes of hid_interrupt_read.
> If libhid has a problem sending the packet to the device, it
> returns the same error code as if it hit the timeout.

Which version of libhid are you using?

There is a patch which made it into 0.2.16 which should distinguish
between timeouts and other errors:

http://boxster.ghz.cc/projects/libhid/changeset/313

> Do I make any mistake using hid_interrupt_read, or is this a bug in
> libhid that the URB submission error is reported on stderr, but not
> in the error code?

This error message: "USB error: error submitting URB: No such device"
looks like it is coming from libusb.

--
Charles Lepple