[libhid-discuss] usb_control_msg

Peter Stuge stuge-libhid at cdy.org
Wed Jun 27 04:04:13 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 11:39:36AM +0900, Jorgen Lundman wrote:
> > They use the control endpoint. Some devices only respond to
> > interrupt endpoints, and others don't fully implement the
> > interrupt endpoints.

If the device doesn't behave on the control endpoint it will not be
enumerated at all. Or did you mean just the set/get report transfers?

> > Aren't standards great? :-)
>
> Sounds awfully over-engineered. Whatever happened to KISS...

I think USB in general is a pretty nice standard. It can seem complex
at first, but it has provisions for solving a lot of different
problems in a nice, consistent, way IMHO.

Not enough device makers take the time to learn how to do things
properly though. Consumers buy based on marketing and need better
intel to determine which devices are good and which are bad.

Just my .02

//Peter