[libhid-discuss] Error while building libhid.

Xiaofan Chen xiaofanc at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 23:15:42 UTC 2007

On 9/11/07, Albert Lee <trisk+alioth at acm.jhu.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Sep 2007, ankita prasad wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> > I disabled swig and it started working. Thanks!
> >
> > But why was it erroring in the first place considering I have python and its
> > development packages?
>
> I think swig is required to generate the Python bindings.

I think libhid's detectionof Python and Python library is flawed.
I have swig installed and Python installed and still have problem
with libhid from time to time under Ubuntu and other distributions.
I had to manually change the Makefile to point to the correct
place. I will check again.

Regards,

Xiaofan