[libhid-discuss] Issue with fedora 6

Charles Lepple clepple at ghz.cc
Wed Sep 19 00:17:16 UTC 2007

On Sep 14, 2007, at 5:32 PM, ankita prasad wrote:

> I was able to read and write to my HID device on my red hat linux
> box. But
> when I tried running it on my other linux machine which runs fedora
> 6, I was
> able to read properly but I get a  broken pipe error when  I try to
> write to
> my HID device using hid_set_output_report. What am I missing? Why
> does it
> work on one linux distribution on not on another?

I assume you are using the same version of libhid on both machines.

The other factors which may affect your results are the version of
libusb (since libhid just calls libusb for actual device I/O), the
kernel version, and whether or not Fedora 6 has other programs which
may somehow interfere with yours.

--
Charles Lepple