[libhid-discuss] Parsing hid_dump_tree()

Charles Lepple clepple at ghz.cc
Tue Apr 22 12:31:15 UTC 2008

On Apr 21, 2008, at 8:21 PM, comicinker wrote:

> Am Freitag, den 28.03.2008, 21:01 -0400 schrieb Charles Lepple:
>>
>>> AND: How can I get the RECV_PACKET_LEN for this address
>> automatically?
>>> Or is it always the same length for each address (6)? The
>>> test_libhid.c
>>> doesn't tell where this value is detected.
>>

>> It is in the interface descriptor.
>
> I'm still looking for this entry in the interface descriptor. Can
> somebody give me a hint where it is hidden? Is it really HIDData.Size?

HIDData.Size is the size of one element, I think. (Sorry, I don't
have time to look through the code.)

I was mistaken - I was thinking of wMaxPacketSize in the endpoint
descriptor (not the interface descriptor). I usually either just
hardcode that for a given device, or use control transfers instead.

--
Charles Lepple