[libhid-discuss] libhid and wxwidgets windows xp

Jérôme Dumas jdumas at waveidea.com
Mon Jan 21 09:16:29 UTC 2008

Dear All
I'm searching for a USB/HID C API to be used with my application and a
custom USB device, I'm currently developing with wxwidgets cross
platform C++.
Just discovered libhid, and was wondering :

- if this could be used to communicate with a USB HID custom device (not
a mouse, not a keyboard)
- if libhid can be easily integrated into a wxwidget project under
windows xp
- if some information for compiling the library with wxwidgets are
available somewhere

If yes, where can I find an example source code which connects to the
HID device (from its vid/pid) as well as some example to read and write
to the device ?
Also, an example of custom HID devices descriptors would be useful !

Thanks for your good job
Jerome