[libhid-discuss] libhid and wxwidgets windows xp

Charles Lepple clepple at ghz.cc
Mon Jan 21 13:34:54 UTC 2008

On Jan 21, 2008, at 4:16 AM, Jérôme Dumas wrote:

> Dear All
> I'm searching for a USB/HID C API to be used with my application and a
> custom USB device, I'm currently developing with wxwidgets cross
> platform C++.
> Just discovered libhid, and was wondering :
>
> - if this could be used to communicate with a USB HID custom device
> (not
> a mouse, not a keyboard)

libhid was originally developed to communicate with PDC HID devices,
which have nested collections and other features that did not play
well with the original Linux kernel HID API.

> - if libhid can be easily integrated into a wxwidget project under
> windows xp
> - if some information for compiling the library with wxwidgets are
> available somewhere

It should be possible. I don't know much about the wx build process,
but you would need to install libusb-win32 for libhid on Windows:

http://libusb-win32.sourceforge.net/

> If yes, where can I find an example source code which connects to the
> HID device (from its vid/pid) as well as some example to read and
> write
> to the device ?

test/test_libhid.c in the libhid source code:

http://boxster.ghz.cc/projects/libhid/browser/trunk/test/test_libhid.c

--
Charles Lepple